The CAO Experience is Comfortable and Easy!
Here at Charlotte Advanced Orthodontics getting braces is a comfortable and easy, patient-centered experience. We utilize the most up-to-date processes, materials, and technologies to provide the highest standards of care. Many patients are curious as to what to expect when receiving orthodontic treatment.
Here is a step-by-step guide of what you might expect when braces are to be placed on your teeth. Remember, when choosing where to get your braces, it is important to make sure the orthodontist places the brackets on the teeth for the best possible results in the quickest amount of time!
- Cheeks are gently separated from teeth with a retractor.
- The enamel surfaces of teeth are cleaned and rinsed thoroughly with water and dried.
- A small amount of enamel-specific etch is placed in preparation of bracket bonding.
- After a few seconds, the etch is rinsed off and the teeth are dried.
- A light cotton gauze is placed on the tongue to prevent accidental contact with teeth.
- With teeth dry, bonding primer is placed on the tooth enamel.
- Brackets are individually applied to each tooth by Dr. Pepper, specifically oriented for precise position to yield optimal tooth movement.
- The glue is hardened using an ultraviolet light.
- The appropriate wire is selected based on its unique properties of strength, flexibility, and size.
- Now it’s time to choose your colors! Colors are changed at each appointment and we offer clear options as well if you want to minimize the visibility of your brackets.
Dr. Pepper Says
I want my patients to know that the process of placing braces is quite simple. I want your experience to be comfortable, quick, and easy!